• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sardinia July 2023 (1 Viewer)

Aliks

Opus Editor
Should be easy enough to ID as its a clear shot, but for some reason Merlin cannot ID it - and although Merlin has its problems, usually it comes up with something when the photo is decent.

Attachments

• ER6_9995.jpg
    ER6_9995.jpg
    717.4 KB · Views: 104
Agree spotted flycatcher. From the little I understand of its id, there's nothing here to suggest Mediterranean flycatcher

Agree spotted flycatcher. From the little I understand of its id, there's nothing here to suggest Mediterranean flycatcher
I meant that I could be either due to the location- that’s why it’s in brackets and I didn’t just write med flycatcher.

When worn they can become very uniformly coloured above . . . primary projection is very short in comparison with Spotted Fly.
Excellent - explains everything. I had been casting about for (and failing to find) something else that might fit on account of it having only 'normal' length primaries as opposed to spotted flycatcher's usual very-long ones 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back