• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SBJ! (1 Viewer)

Granny L

United Kingdom
Hello. I live in North West Wales. Lately I have been hearing a bird that has a very repetitive song. About 8 chirps, then a pause, then another 8 chirps, etc. I was wondering what it was. Today my husband said he saw the bird. It is slightly larger than a wren, has a pointed beak and is beige coloured. He said in flight the tail had a pronounced fork. Anyone know what that is?

Could it be a Pied Wagtail?

Recording of the bird with a similar chirp pattern and an image below of a juvenile.

ibr-5574938.jpg

Thanks Richard. You're spot on. The sound is right and my husband says the picture looks like what he saw. Thanks again.

Halfway up an Alp??
That’s how my dear departed Mum described where we live to her friends (we are halfway up a valley in the Alps at 1000m (or 3300feet)so she was sort of correct!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back