• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sea gull at Flamingo Marina, Everglades National Park, Florida this afternoon (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear members and bird watchers!

I spotted this gull and I think it is a Laughing gull and 2nd winter as there is a picture in my book with this head colour. Black headed have a dot on the head between breeding and summer so I ID it as a Laughing Gull.

But I am not sure so I see if anyone can clear it for me before I make a tit out of myself reporting it in eBird

Kind Regards and happy birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• yyyy.jpg
    yyyy.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 12
Thank you Butty!

The reason for me to be in the marina is an Osprey nest with 2 babies. Well, the babies will fly out in a couple of days. Still small but they have all the right colours and they are standing up flapping their wing with one of the parents is keeping an eye on them from a tree 20meters away.

They have built the nest on a bridge so you are almost in eye level with the babies 1 meter away from you. But they don't bother and the bridge is very busy with people looking at the American Crocodile. I think the only place to see crocodiles in USA.

Thanks again, appreciated
Aladdin

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back