• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seabird viewing advice (1 Viewer)

condor1992

Spain
Hi,
I've been thinking of visiting a nature reserve in the UK to see and photograph seabird colonies, especially puffins. In the UK I am based in Birmingham, so was wondering if there were any good areas nearby. Is RSPb South Stack worth a visit, and when is the best time?

South Stack in Spring and early Summer is wonderful. You will probably see Peregrine Falcon, Raven and Chough there too. Really nice café (good fresh coffee and cake) and good RSPB shop too.
Further afield, Bempton Cliffs is really excellent.

South stack is great and definitely worth a visit in the summer months. I also like to tie in a trip to Cemlyn (not too far away on the North of Anglesey) for the Tern colony whenever I visit.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back