• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Siskins everywhere ! (1 Viewer)

3 on one of my niger feeders this morning
A pleasent surprise as I've had none in the garden for years

Regards Bish. :t:

Finally had a Siskin in my garden today, a lone female for about 30 seconds, still it's my first for this winter/spring! For the second year running I had no Blackcaps which is very disappointing.

I was siskenless too, until a pair popped in for a few minutes early today. The first in two years feeding in this garden!.

Send some over here to Tod. Stephen. Not so far as the siskin (crow) flies.
I love 'em to bits but never seen one on our feeders. There's hope though I see.

Sandra

My highest garden count ever was 27+ yesterday. At the moment they're the commonest birds in the garden, but sometimes the goldfinches outnumber them. It looks amazing when so many birds are here- it's only a tiny garden with one tree, but the sunflower hearts bring them all in.

Have had siskins in my garden for the first time this weekend, I am over the moon I counted 15 at one time. Every time I look their are some on the feeders. :bounce:

Our last 2 siskin were in the garden yesterday morning but not seen since. The blackcap left Sunday night. They must have decided they'd better get back to work, instead of loafing around and eating!:)

A flock of 30-40 showed up here a couple of weeks ago and haven't left the two sunflower heart feeders since then! And this morning, they discovered the window feeder in front of my desk, so I've been getting some great close-up views as well! This is the first time I've seen them in this garden.

Hi Everyone,

Still loads of Siskins around the Harrogate area, still coming to the feeders at RHS Harlow Carr and loving the Njyer seeds.

Also of interest a Siskin caught at Gibraltar Point at the end of March was originally ringed in Belgium. Images on my site

Cheers ANDY

I've got about 6/7..not the commonest visitor to the garden but certainly the most regular. They've been at the feeders every day without fail, and are never far away, up until the last week or so, but I spotted one of the females with a beakfull of moss from the hanging basket, so probably busy with 'other things' ;) and hopefully they will nest near by.

Attachments

• 000_5371.JPG
    000_5371.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 93
Grrrrrrrrrr!. I'm up to three now, returning migrants I guess, or maybe everyone else in the 'deen has stopped feeding them.....

I had 24 siskins visit my garden in Washington co Durham in January nearly every day. From end January till 9th of April between 12 to 15 every day never had Siskins in the garden previous to this year. But I ain't complaining. Hope to see many more. Happy siskin watching. Hen Harrier.

4-6 in my garden, 1st one arrived on new years day. Recent additions have been a pair of Brambling and a Redpoll

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back