• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

southern Europe winter birding possibilities (2 Viewers)

ERbirds

United States
Hello all! I'm brainstorming possibilities for a winter birding getaway in January or February, and looking for some general insights. I'd been thinking Spain would be an obvious choice for greater number of species in the winter, but now thinking Portugal might be just as good or better, with shorter distances between sites. Curious to hear from anyone who has done one or both who might have a recommendation. I'd be renting a car and hoping to see as many species as possible with a focus on regional specialties.

Slightly overshooting your geographic request, ultimate winter birding, Morocco 🙂

Basically as cheap and easy to get to as southern Europe, excellent birding in completely different habitats and, if you've not beem before, certainly a whole bunch of new species for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back