• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Split, Croatia (1 Viewer)

Josh1234

United Kingdom
Good afternoon everyone,

I am travelling to Split, Croatia for a stag do and intend on travelling out a couple of days early for some birdwatching.

I haven't had any responses to my emails enquiring about guides so it looks like I'll be taking myself out.

The stag is in Split so I'm looking at areas close-ish to that. Can anyone recommend any sites or guides?

I have read through the related threads on here and emailed Robert (Sunshine tours) already.

Thanks in advance. :)

Closest would be Marjan Park, a hilly, wooded area in Split. Omis is a bus ride south, which gives easy access to more wooded limestone hills. We also took the ferry to Hvar. I believe that there is some good birding on the plain outside the main town (maybe hire a bike?)

marjan.png

If you can get to Ploce, about 100km south of Split, the birdwatching in the delta there is fabulous. You would need a car unfortunately, I don't think there is a lot in the way of public transport. On the other hand you may well find more guides in that area.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back