• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spurn Point First Visit (1 Viewer)

Hunsletlad

Ageing novice watcher
I plan to visit Spurn Point for the first time in early October and I would appreciate any information I can get about the site i.e. where to park and walk, just basic stuff. Closer to the day I will check out the net for sightings and more specific information.

I plan to visit Spurn Point for the first time in early October and I would appreciate any information I can get about the site i.e. where to park and walk, just basic stuff. Closer to the day I will check out the net for sightings and more specific information.

If you use the site map at the web site below,you will find that parking below No 21 you have to pay £4 but it's well worth it.
So park at 24 and visit the Chalk Bank hides, they overlook the estuary and, assuming the tide is right, give excellent views of hundreds of waders.
Then park below the Lighthouse and walk down to the head,behind the houses and thro the Buckthorn, then walk back up the sea beach side. Expect allsorts of moving down birds.
Go back up to No 15, Blue Bell cafe, and walk the "triangle" that's over to No 14, down to Canal scrape hide N0 19, then across the path opposite to the sea and up the beach back to CP.
If you've not had enough, then from the CP, walk up the lane to Beacon Ponds.
The other posts on the Spurn Point thread also give good info.
Joe

http://www.spurnbirdobservatory.co.uk/sightings/october10.html

Last edited:

Yorkshire Wildlife Trust's website says the charge is still £3. If you are a member of Yorkshire Wildlife Trust (& why not?) then there is no charge for cars going on to Spurn on production of your card.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back