• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spurn Point tomorrow ? (1 Viewer)

Hunsletlad

Ageing novice watcher
I have tomorrow free and I had planned to travel 80 miles for my first visit to Spurn Point but given the weather is it worth the trip?

In my opinion, Spurn is always worth the trip. The wind is more important than the weather really though the winds haven't been particularly favourable this autumn as yet i.e. no notable Easterlies.

The sightings page gives you a flavour of what is about at the minute http://www.spurnbirdobservatory.co.uk/sightings.html.

Despite the winds not being great, there is still always a chance a scarce/rare may pop up at Spurn at this time of year (Rosefinch and R-T pipit in last couple of days) but even if not, there is usually enough variety to make a good days birding. A word of warning though, don't expect to see everything listed on the sightings page - the area is massive and many birds are passing through.

Good luck if you go

You can always stand behind Chris Packham or Michaela Strachan & pull funny faces & we'll watch out for you on Friday's show!

I didnt know they were filming I might show Miss Strachan my elephant impersonation 8-P watch out for the man in a balaclava and not much else 8-P

You can always stand behind Chris Packham or Michaela Strachan & pull funny faces & we'll watch out for you on Friday's show!

Sorry Michael but the Autumn Watch team have left now, they have enough footage and the bad weather would not be helping them!
even it is raining i'm sure there will be plenty of birds arriving if you don't mind getting wet!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back