• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Start.me? (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
When I got my new computer, I got an email from the Start.me team, which wanted me to click on a link to sign up, which I didn't do. Can't see why I would want it.

Today I get another email from them asking how I'm enjoying it and suggesting I "go Pro"! This time I clicked on the link to go to my Profile (in order to delete the account) and there they have my name and email address.

Eventually I found the link to delete, but now they want the Password.... but as I never set up the account????

Now what!!

In such situation, if I already provided the seller with my name and email, I will ask the seller to delete that account.
As I understand, laws in Europe allow you to ask it and compel them to comply.

If the seller has no control over that account, other questions can be raised.

Start.me is a browser add-on, Bookmark manager. I imagine it came pre-installed as "free gift", with your new computer. I would go to Firefox addon manager and remove it.

I imagine it came pre-installed as "free gift", with your new computer.

It can be useful to "sanitize" the new computer.
Scan for malware with at least one security application.
Remove "gift" applications and "gift" browser add-ons (in all browsers, if many are installed). Only if you are not using it.

An add-on can have full access to web pages content.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I think it was mentioning that it was linked with Pale Moon but I've looked at the Add Ons there with no sign of it. Certainly I don't have it as an Add On. Firefox has it as an available Add on but it's not be installed there either.

They do have my name and my email address.

I really can't see what use this thing is to me!

Finally worked out how to delete. Think I've got rid of them now.

Gave them a rocket on my goodbye form LOL.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back