• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

steiner bayreuth 10x50e (1 Viewer)

Pawel582

Poland
Hello, i find this binocular does anyone know something about it and how much its worth?

Attachments

• lorr.jpg
    lorr.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 1_573c9b5173f7e23736dbb361e01ce0f3 (1).jpg
    1_573c9b5173f7e23736dbb361e01ce0f3 (1).jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 12
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 12
Hello Pawel,

welcome to Birdforum!

I cant say about this particular modell, but some general remarks, that you well might already know?

The (sale) value of a used binocular depends much on its condition. Yours look mint, but optics cant be judged:
  • are there any scratches/marks on the lenses?
  • is the coating undamaged/pristine?
  • any fog/dust or fungus inside? (an LED torchlight is a nasty (fies says google translate), but useful tool to check this)
  • is the collimation ok?
My own opinion: personal value=the story behind the pure technical device cant be paid with money

Welcome to Birdforum again!

I had one of those as a kid but sold it. I'd say, in good condition, maybe 100€ maximum. But I wouldn't pay that much. For a good porro like a Hartmann or vintage Zeiss Jena, I'd probably not pay much more than 100€. I got a few Hartmann binos for example, and they were all around the 60€ mark -- and I would prefer a Hartmann over a Steiner every day of the week. So 60€ maximum is what I would probably pay for a Steiner 10x50E. The individual focus makes them pretty much useless for birding. So they would mainly be an astronomy bino. And you can get a modern day 7x50 in a similar body for 150€ -- which would then include the newest coatings. Like a "Noblex Inception" or other China-made binos. Or an Opticron Adventurer T WP in 10x50 for 134€.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back