• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sunrise/sunset. (1 Viewer)

This is as good as it got tonight. Too much cloud for a spectacular one. Looking forward to seeing some with snow in over the weekend, but it won't be from here!

Attachments

• SS2111081.jpg
    SS2111081.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 14
  • SS2111082.jpg
    SS2111082.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 19
Hope the snowy sunset isn't from here, Wendy!:bounce:

A very atmospheric looking sunset you had this evening! Great pics!:t:

I aint alf missed you lot!

I'm so glad to be back on board, thanks to Delia's help. My stupid computer broke down last month (fairly new laptop) and I've got a 2nd hand one until mine is mended, if it ever is, and its a nightmare to use. I couldn't get back on here but was able to pm Delia who kindly sorted it. Now I'm busy looking back at everything I've missed and it looks like I'll have some interesting reading.

BTW, its bitterly cold here with snow forecast for tonight.

Glad to see you back, Bea...I was wondering where you had got to! You've plenty to catch up on. ;)

Lovely sunrise, Pam. Here we've only had unremitting grey all morning with drizzle to annoy too.

Birds have cleared all the tables and ground feeding station while I have been out, but have seen the Coal Tit since I got back.

Hello Ruth and all

What a lovely thread. We get fantastic skies up here and I will try and get some better ones this week. This I took about this time last year at breakfast time. The inner Moray Firth is shining out from between the branches of the trees.

Sometimes the Firth looks just like a sea of mercury, it did tonight as I was driving home. The sky was pink, mauve and grey and the water just glistened and shimmered, the mountains accross the Firth were covered in snow and a flock of geese was filling the sky with their gorgeous sounds as they also travelled home. Bliss.

Rosie

Oh dear forgot the photo!!! I'll get it right one day!!! Try again

Last edited:
Forgot photo

I hope I get it right this time. Here goes

GOT IT!!!! THREE CHEERS!!!!

Attachments

• 2007_1211morninglight0009%5B1%5D[1].JPG
    2007_1211morninglight0009%5B1%5D[1].JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Lovely pic, Rose. Here are two from tonight; taken about 4.35.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 14
Nice one, Rose. I shall be very interested in your photos as I've never been to your neck of the woods! Something which I hope to remedy next year.

You had sun today, Kits?! Lucky you and a nice sunset to go with it. All we got was unremitting grey with drizzle....:-C

Great photo's, Ladies.

Good to see you back with us Bea!

Rosie, your drive home must have been a magical sight!

Apologies for posting my my sick computer comments on here, it was supposed to be a new thread. Must have been having a senior moment!

Thank you Wendy,Kathy and Pam, its good to be back.

Last edited:
Yes, Wendy, sunshine all day - been lovely!

Yay Bea is here. Just found your post, Bea. Good to see you as I had been wondering if you were okay.

We had a good sunset this evening, for a change.
Second pic taken a couple of minutes after the first pic.

Attachments

• SSC24NOV001.jpg
    SSC24NOV001.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 16
  • SSC24NOV007.jpg
    SSC24NOV007.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 10
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back