• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovision closest focusing distance (1 Viewer)

Jerry S

United Kingdom
Hi , I am looking for a pair of top quality binos to help me spot parasitic wasps, I have the swarovision 10x50s which are absolutely stunning except for the closest focusing distance. Can anyone recommend a pair of swaros or zeiss binoculars which would give the closest focusing distance, thanks, Jerry

I use the 8x32SV which has a minimum of 2m, have you considered the Vortex Viper HD ?

This is knocking on the door resolution wise and can focus down to 3ft.

I use the 8x32SV which has a minimum of 2m, have you considered the Vortex Viper HD ?

This is knocking on the door resolution wise and can focus down to 3ft.

How are the optics of the vortex compared to the swarovision for close up?

My favorite bins for butterflying+birding are the Zeiss 8x32 FL because they focus (for me) down to 5 ft and they have a focusing rate that works quickly but precisely from close focus to infinity. For dedicated close-up work (down to 1.5 ft) the Pentax 6.5x21 Papilio is the best choice.

--AP

My favorite bins for butterflying+birding are the Zeiss 8x32 FL because they focus (for me) down to 5 ft and they have a focusing rate that works quickly but precisely from close focus to infinity. For dedicated close-up work (down to 1.5 ft) the Pentax 6.5x21 Papilio is the best choice.

--AP

Many thanks Alex

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back