• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SWAROVSKI or Zeiss? (1 Viewer)

Szmako81

Hungary
Dear Bino-members,

Recently I've been thinking about swapping my Swarovski SLC HD 8x42 ('10-'13) for the Zeiss Victory HT 8x42.
Have your say on it!

Szabolcs

I would go for the AK prisms, and having read on greatestbinoculars.com that among the 8x42s it's the best (e g.:natural view). These things come to mind.

AK prisms, really don't make that much difference in my experience, but you really need to try both binoculars together and see which you prefer. The SLCs also give an excellent view - from the same site:

"If I could only keep one binocular, it would probably be the - now sadly extinct - SLC 8x42.
It has a view that just makes me sing: Easy, friendly, warm, with a deep rendering of space that drags you into the image and lets the glass disappear. Immersive."

The HT's will give a slightly different view to the SLCs but I doubt there's much objective difference in quality, preferences are very subjective.

If you do this, I'll give your SLC a good home.

I distinctly recall that FL 42s had ugly aberrations around the field edge. Were these better corrected in HTs? You should find out before dumping a binocular that has nothing to dislike. That's high praise indeed.

Compare the SLC and the HT on Allbinos and pick the one that has the highest scores in the areas that are most important to you. They are both fine binoculars.

I would take the Zeiss out of those two, FWIW. I like the grip and focuser of the Zeiss better, and it sounds like the only things that separates the HT's from the current SF's is slightly better edge definition on the SF's.

I would take the Zeiss out of those two, FWIW. I like the grip and focuser of the Zeiss better, and it sounds like the only things that separates the HT's from the current SF's is slightly better edge definition on the SF's.
Dear Scott,

I have the Swarovski SLC 8x42 HD manufactured btw 2010-13.

Attachments

• IMG_20231018_215148.jpg
    IMG_20231018_215148.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
If you do this, I'll give your SLC a good home.

I distinctly recall that FL 42s had ugly aberrations around the field edge. Were these better corrected in HTs? You should find out before dumping a binocular that has nothing to dislike. That's high praise indeed.
Does Zeiss have quality issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back