• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Tripod Adapter (1 Viewer)

Szmako81

Hungary
Hi there!

I am about to buy a Swarovski TAs-SLC tripod adapter for my SLCs.
Is there an allen key or some kind of a screw included?

Szabolcs

See... details from instruction pamphlet:
That seems to show older SLCs with a ribbed thread cover to untwist. Recent ones have a smooth knob with a logo, which I suppose would have to be carefully pried off. And then there's the question of attaching a stud, which would interfere with how I often like the bin to rest in my hand; a cheap unit with no quick-release could avoid that.

Does the strap type (EL/NL) Swarovski tripod adapter work with the x56 SLC's, or are they too big?
I suspect that the x56 will be too big. I bought a Meopta 15x56 yesterday and my UTC only just fitted and not on the metal pin, but the rubber strap itself after a reasonable bit of stretching. It is fine on my 10x42 Pure's.

I have ordered the size 4 Aziac tripod adapter from;

which is the correct size for the 56mm Meopta and, according to their fitting list, the SW x56 SLC's.

It gets excellent reviews and can be left on the bino's as it is low profile which is not something you could accuse the SW UTC of.

I suspect that the x56 will be too big. I bought a Meopta 15x56 yesterday and my UTC only just fitted and not on the metal pin, but the rubber strap itself after a reasonable bit of stretching. It is fine on my 10x42 Pure's.

I have ordered the size 4 Aziac tripod adapter from;

which is the correct size for the 56mm Meopta and, according to their fitting list, the SW x56 SLC's.

It gets excellent reviews and can be left on the bino's as it is low profile which is not something you could accuse the SW UTC of.
That's terrific info, thank you very much Pat, very useful and much appreciated!

That's terrific info, thank you very much Pat, very useful and much appreciated!
My pleasure WO! The SW UTC is a great bit of kit but not quite as universal as the name would suggest!

The Aziak should fit my Geco 8x56 too so it will be interesting to see how effective it will be.

(Wish I had the foresight to have designed and sold a bit of plastic, a machine screw and nut and a hex key for £40ish!).

DSCF2970 1.jpg

The UTC would have done for a bit but it was a three Weetabix job to get it stretched.

And the Aziak arrived this morning and what an excellent bit of kit. How I wish I had thought of it!

Easy to fit onto a monopod using the 1/4" screw or a tripod head using its ARCA base.

It is so simple, fits both the Meopta and the Geco 8x56 and is so unobtrusive that it can, should you wish, leave it on. It doesn't foul the rather nice wool finished case that came with the lovely Meopta's.

Only point worth remembering is the length of the 1/4" screw on your monopod/tripod and to check that it doesn't protrude and screw in to the barrel.
PB170213.jpgPB170214.jpg
PB170212.jpg

And the Aziak arrived this morning and what an excellent bit of kit. How I wish I had thought of it!

Easy to fit onto a monopod using the 1/4" screw or a tripod head using its ARCA base.

It is so simple, fits both the Meopta and the Geco 8x56 and is so unobtrusive that it can, should you wish, leave it on. It doesn't foul the rather nice wool finished case that came with the lovely Meopta's.

Only point worth remembering is the length of the 1/4" screw on your monopod/tripod and to check that it doesn't protrude and screw in to the barrel.
View attachment 1543785View attachment 1543786
View attachment 1543784
That's a really neat piece of kit, Pat. Link saved, there could definitely be one of those in my future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back