• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam- Trying to identify a black-coloured bird in my yard (1 Viewer)

dimitriskai

Tanzania
Greetings to everyone.
I've seen this bird in my yard several times but haven't managed to identify it online.
Today I heard some mewing sounds from my room and thought that my cats were in some trouble.
Went outside and saw this bird again -next to another one of the same kind and size- chirping almost like a kitten, went back inside and grabbed my camera and this is the more descent photos I could take.
I've seen it before several times, diving into a tiny pond we have and then perching on a tree drying its feathers.
Every time it was between early morning and noon, never in strong daylight.
I've googled several times for black coloured birds in Tanzania but it never came up.This is the first species in my yard I haven't been able to identify so any help would be appreciated
Thanks to all!
EDIT: I 've noticed before that its eyes have a reddish hue and you can slightly see it in the picture.

Attachments

• P7280156.jpg
    P7280156.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 10
  • P7280155.jpg
    P7280155.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back