• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tapes/CDs for use in South East Mexico (1 Viewer)

Hi,
I will be visiting the Yucutan Peninsula and Northern Chiapas in April, and have been looking, so far unsuccessfully, for any commercially available sets of recordings covering this area.

If anyone knows of any could you let me know?

Thanks,
Richard

Hi there

went in 2003 and didn't really need any tapes

maybe for Yucutan Nightjar...

wildsounds is the place to try... if there is a recording they'll have it

Tim

Richard,

Excerpting from one of my list-servers.

"Since this topic is raised, I would like to point out that right this
month 'Birds of Mexico - MP3 sound collection' was published.

More information can be found on www.birdsounds.nl who distributes
this publication.
(including a pdf list with the bird species included)

The MP3 CD contains some 725 recordings of over 650 Mexican bird
species.

It is just out, already available at birdsounds.nl, and within a few
weeks also in the other specialized stores."

Also mention was made of another set, though I gather that it is nigh unfindable:

"Coffey, Ben B. Jr. and Lula. (1990). Songs of Mexican Birds. ARA Records. Two cassettes is good, but may be out of publication. The recordings are fair, but cover a wide spectrum of species throughout the country."

One last thing. One of the list-members mentioned having audio files for Yucatan. If you would like for me to attempt to contact him on your behalf, send me a PM including your e-mail.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back