• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Teesside International Nature Reserve (1 Viewer)

Cheers for this!! Though when I'd thought of "Seal Sands" I didn't think there'd be a chance the car could get nicked! haha anyway :t:

So where do you see them if it's low-tide? (I assume from your description you see them there when it's high-tide?) It's low tide at 5:40 today, probably setting off there soon

Most states of tide you can see them above the road bridge - if they're not there then it's worth walking down alongside Greatham Creek to the hide overlooking Seal Sands. If anything high tide can be the least productive time to see them above the bridge as they go out to sea/Seaton Channel to feed. Low tide there are often several still hauled out on the mudbanks above the bridge.

Hi there,

I'm trying to find out which Counties still use the Watsonian Vice County system to record birds in and which go by whatever the political boundary may change to (and why).

The Watsonian Vice County system was set to accurately record and compare historical and modern data and it seems that there can be/is confusion when some counties no longer use this system whilst others do. Does anyone in your county have a view on this ? Discussion here if anyone has a comment:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=142074

ps this is not about getting more or less county ticks, more a question about uniformity in recording.

Johnny Allan

Have to say the new reserve is certainly doing well for scarce birds and rarities so far this year with sightings of Glaucous winged Gull,Whiskered Terns,Black Terns,Spoonbill,GW Egret,Pectoral Sandpiper.I wonder what else is going to be found this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back