• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Dark:Nature's Nightmare World 1/3 Sun 29/7/2012 BBC2 21.00-22.00pm (1 Viewer)

Hi there

A new series about creatures of the dark starting this Sunday evening on BBC2. I have to say that I really like George McGavin, as he is so interested in his subject.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01llxgf

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/2012/07/the-dark-natures-nighttime-world.shtml

Regards
Kathy
x

So agree John.

The programme was superb. A little different due to the 'general' narration, and real 'live' discussions on at the same time. :gh:

For any night-time owls on here, a repeat of this programme is on from 12.30-01.30am tonight on BBC 2. :-O

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Unless there's no alternative, I only ever watch programmes in HD, so deliberately missed the first airing. I'll catch up on iPlayer.

I was really impressed with the spider that throws down the net over its prey.

Also known as Ogre-faced Spiders because of those huge eyes they have but as impressive as they are the Bolas Spider trumps it for me.

I'm liking it too but then as it's the same crew that bring us the Lost Land of whatever I knew I would. I knew Bull Sharks could survive in freshwater but to see them so far up a river like that was truly an eye-opener for me.

I'm liking it too but then as it's the same crew that bring us the Lost Land of whatever I knew I would. I knew Bull Sharks could survive in freshwater but to see them so far up a river like that was truly an eye-opener for me.

Yeah - and puts a dampener on the various people who have "demonstrated" that Piranha won't eat you alive - I still don't think wild swimming in South America is a good idea!

John

I'd certainly prefer to take my chances with the Piranhas than with one of the most aggressive shark species around and the ones filmed looked like mere youngsters. I think there is research going on that suggests Bull Sharks may move into rivers in order to breed here and there but don't quote me.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back