• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Traveller BGA ED Refresh? (1 Viewer)

BryanP

Little known member
Canada
Hi all,
Since Opticron has updated a few models recently I was wondering if perhaps the 8/10X32 Traveller BGA ED is next.
I can’t find any information on its last refresh so am not sure if its even due for an update.
I’m planning on picking up the current 8x32 Traveller as a backup bin but if Opticron announced a refresh I’d just sit patiently on my hands till the new guy hits the shelves.

Anyone have the inside skinny?
Cheers,
Bryan

We have no plans for a new version.

And due to the ongoing situation regards component and materials supply combined with transport availability and cost, we currently have production orders in place up to December this year so even if we decided today to have a new version, it wouldn't be here until mid-2022 at the earliest.

HTH

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pete,
Thanks very much,
Handily clears the way for getting a pair of the current 8X32’s.
Interesting about supply and component chains. From what I can gather computer and camera manufacturers seem to be in a similar situation. I wonder if its because demand is way up and suppliers got caught with their pants down or they’re having had to ramp back up from a covid slow down.
Either way, I’m looking forward to giving the current Traveller BGA ED 8x32’s a workout.
Cheers,
Bryan

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back