• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Truly Inspirational !! (1 Viewer)

Newton Stringer

I didn't know where to post this so I thought I'd put it here....

An amazing guy reacting so positively in what must be an extremely difficult situation for anyone to deal with. He is a keen birder trying to raise awareness regarding disabled access in the countryside.

http://www.roy215miles.blogspot.co.uk/

Please check out his blog and leave him a message of support.

A terrible illness, but an incredible response to it - "truly inspirational" says it all. Hope a few BF'ers donate to this worthy cause (and don't forget the Gift Aid ;) ).

A terrible illness, but an incredible response to it - "truly inspirational" says it all. Hope a few BF'ers donate to this worthy cause (and don't forget the Gift Aid ;) ).

Hi MSA, thanks for your support and generous donation on Roy’s fundraising page, it will be very much appreciated I’m sure.

Roy is a modest bloke but he has a few friends who feel strongly that the world needs to know his story. I think a few of us are secretly working away in the background to try and raise the profile of what he is doing however we can !

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update/2014-05-24/man-in-200-mile-wheelchair-challenge-to-improve-countryside-accessibility/

Anyway I think he has some media interest now which is good and we hope he’ll be on the local TV news at some point this next week.

Thanks again ! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back