• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK - hampshire - fleet - unknown small black and white bird - January 25, 2023, morning (1 Viewer)

charltones

United Kingdom
Apologies for the very low quality shots - these visitors came in fast, grabbed some peanuts and left before I had time to properly focus so I only took a single picture.
There were 3 of them, about the size of robin / great tit. Black and white mostly with a white flash right on the top of the head. Most similar to a coal tit, but not the same as you can see, and looked different from all my usual visitors. I went through the RSPB list of birds and couldn't see anything likely.20230125_091624.jpgScreenshot_20230125_093418_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230125_093734_Photos.jpg
20230125_091624_exported_2099_1674639217129.jpg

Hello,
welcome to birdforum!

Your bird are Long-tailed Tits.
They are unique coloured birds with an absurd long tail

Outside breeding seasons they are highly sozial birds, often seen in mobile flocks. You will often first notice the calls.

Lovely to have visits from Long Tailed Tits. They are my favourite garden visitors.

High again Charltones.... one of our most delightful resident birds I think and always a wonderful to see.

You're so lucky to have them in your garden - I've only seen them once here. But they do go regularly to a feeding station I visit. You can read more about them in our Opus article. Do note that the ones north-eastern Europe have all white heads, and are even more charming LOL.

Welcome to Birdforum with some great garden visitors, Long-tailed Tits as answered above. They vary is colour across their range but the pattern is always the same

Attachments

• _ARD6000.JPG
    _ARD6000.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • ARD_0650.JPG
    ARD_0650.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0076.JPG
    DSC_0076.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0117.JPG
    DSC_0117.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 4
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back