• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown bird - Tanzania (1 Viewer)

Hi!

My first trip to discovery new birds in Tanzania. This bird I only hear when it is dark. Close to the coast in Dar es Salaam. Would appreciate any help.

Brgds
Marcus

Attachments

• Bird Tanzania.wav
    475.3 KB
Hi Marcus,

Sounds very much like a Water Thick-knee, also known as Water Dikkop. I'm sure there are other options which have a similar rising then falling call, but off the top, can't think of it, and this is the only one which springs to mind.

Hope this helps

Stu

Hi Marcus,

Sounds very much like a Water Thick-knee, also known as Water Dikkop. I'm sure there are other options which have a similar rising then falling call, but off the top, can't think of it, and this is the only one which springs to mind.

Hope this helps

Stu
Hi Stu,
Thank you very much for the reply. I seen more of water thick-knee in Mikumi national park yesterday on our safari trip. This time I could both see and hear them (not best quality, taken with mobile phone)

Brgds
Marcus

Attachments

• IMG_2373.jpeg
    IMG_2373.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back