• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (7 Viewers)

Ran the shot through PS to see if I could bring out more detail. I don't know if this will help or not. Could be a Northern Goshawk.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 53
Hi everyone,

Just thought I will share my bargin, http://twootz.com/ is offering the following:

12.55 kg of suet pellets for £21.99
150 fat balls for £17.99

Free delivery and for new customers, you will get 10% off voucher for next purchase.

Just received my delivery and it's all good, I think the offer ends 31/05/12.

Hope this help and enjoy!

Sad story about the Dunnock Bongo |=(|

A garden first for me today. A pair of Bullfinches landed on my bird table. I only got a poor shot in low light :

8804484470_f22ab993ae_b.jpg

Nice pair of Bullfinches 2Slo :t:

We've also had juv Starlings this week , about 15x starlings yesterday . The juv's don't care who they pester for food and several of them were chasing Sparrows with their beaks open .

Haven't seen any other juveniles yet .

Attachments

• 'gimme some now!' Juvenile Starling mini.jpg
    'gimme some now!' Juvenile Starling mini.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 46
  • juvenile Starling begging mini.jpg
    juvenile Starling begging mini.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
A Little Owl from last year is back, I'm hoping to see the other one too.

I've attached photos of the two from last year. I hope to get some snaps of them this year, as I've purchased a new camera since then.

Attachments

• Little Owl 1.jpg
    Little Owl 1.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Little Owl 2.jpg
    Little Owl 2.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 51
I had 5 at tea time today, first I have seen them.

Also still got the juvenile house sparrow who is progressing well and expecting some wood pigeon's in the near future.

We've also had juv Starlings this week , about 15x starlings yesterday . The juv's don't care who they pester for food and several of them were chasing Sparrows with their beaks open .

Sounds fun to watch, good results.

Nice shots of the Owl

Here's my first shot of one of the Little Owls this year, taken about an hour ago. It's not as close as it could have been, but it's a start!

Attachments

• Little Owl 1.jpg
    Little Owl 1.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
How lovely Ben, I'm very envious!

I've just had a great treat - a visit from a greater spotted woodpecker! I have at times caught a glimpse of something disappearing over the hedge and thought it might be a woodpecker but this time I had a good minute or two of watching him or her on the peanut feeder!

Caught sight of the swifts last week (four so far) but have been too busy to check for them this week. Hope to see them today.

Love that second shot of the Starlings, EB. Very demanding youngsters, Starlings!

I've attached photos of the two from last year. I hope to get some snaps of them this year, as I've purchased a new camera since then.

Superb garden bird:t:

The wife reports c40 Starlings in the garden yesterday...highest count ever if accepted by the garden authorities (i.e. me):t:

Little owls are delightful birds - used to have two in my aviary until fool lodger let them escape into the wild which they had never encountered. Often wondered if they survived.

Baby blue tits, sparrows and blackbirds currently making demands on parents who are making demands on my supply of fatballs & raisins etc..

Not so fond of Starlings, but I do always find their youngsters amusing as they rush around, knowing nothing about anything.

after 3 years with empty nest boxes, I decided to move 2 of them early in the spring, hey presto both being used and currently got Coal Tit chicks in one, with Blue Tit chicks in the other

Last edited:
after 3 years with empty nest boxes, I decided to move 2 of them early in the spring, hey presto both being used and currently got Coal Tit chicks in one, with Blue Tit chicks in the other

Result !:t: where did you choose to put them that was different ? Are you supposed to start them off with a bit of nesting material ?

We put up 3x boxes this year and had frequent visits from Bluetits but none of them used yet. We also bought a birdbox camera but weren't sure which box to fit it to so thats still on the shelf ....:-C

Users who are viewing this thread

Back