• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Video Review of B1 MeoStar (1 Viewer)

Perhaps his wife cut into his optic budget, the Meopta he was reviewing looks like a pre 2012 plus a vortex hinge cover, lol , the Meopta Logo on the front is in black/white (have seen that on 2010 models), my 2012 7/8X42 has what appears to be a brass colored logo. I have also never seen eyecup movement like his sample, so perhaps the previous owner played with the eyecups like him.

I actually like his reviews. To-the-point, and the personal bias and emotion is, I think, closer to the way we (typical optics nerds) actually perceive optics. How else can you explain the passionate and often rough on-goings around here! LOL

B1 Plus HD model, comes with a nice choice of colors.. I love that dark brown ! ( Please, Swaro, bring out the NL's with a nice deep brown like this !!! )
These binoculars remind me a little of my much loved Habicht SL !!... but in terms of weight too, they have in common with their almost 1kg !!! ( 10x42 )
MEOP.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back