• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler India (1 Viewer)

Amsdoc

I Just cannot identify warblers!

This was spotted around Pune, Western India.......

maybe a tickle's leaf warbler or a sulpher bellied warbler or something else!

any ideas?

Ams

Attachments

• IMG_3978.jpg
    IMG_3978.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_3980.jpg
    IMG_3980.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_3982.jpg
    IMG_3982.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3979.JPG
    IMG_3979.JPG
    297.9 KB · Views: 142
Looks ok for a Greenish Warbler (long supercillium, wingbar etc). Perhaps the green/yellow tone on chest support ssp. nitidus (?).

Edit; on the other hand i just remember Arctic Warbler, but i'm not sure that species occur in India and i can't at the moment remember the features that separate Arctic from Greenish.

Last edited:
Ok, good to know that AW don't show yellow chest. (i'd forgotten that) and i guess that you "mäkpä" by supercillium mean that AW don't show this long and broad supercill. (?)

Ok, good to know that AW don't show yellow chest. (i'd forgotten that) and i guess that you "mäkpä" by supercillium mean that AW don't show this long and broad supercill. (?)

No, i meant that Arctic Warbler doesn't have lemon yellow super as nitidus. Tones in subject bird remainds me of those in Wood Warbler. Also back has a tinge of lemon yellow mixed with green (first pic).

Now when i read you first comment again mäkpä it's even for me obvious that you meant all three yellow features :t:

Sorry, i must have been tired this morning, more than usual that is ;)

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back