• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What am I? (1 Viewer)

16915128228708290366885249968065.jpg16915128915561672123923723916917.jpgdoes anyone know what this bird is? We found it in a storm drain as baby and hand fed it. We can't find anything to identify what it is though...thank you in advance fir any information you can give us

We found it in a storm drain as baby

I am sure you intended well and you may have done well, but Northern Rough-winged Swallows usually nest in cavities in cliff faces or banks, and a drain pipe coming out of a wall can make a good substitute. I am not sure what you mean by "a storm drain", but if it was in a wall and not too big in diameter, you may have actually removed the baby from its nest. (Nest material would have been some distance back from the opening.) It is almost always best to leave baby birds alone unless they are in immediate peril, and then it is almost always best to just move them to the closest safe place where their parents can find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back