• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What do you find most frustrating about birding? (1 Viewer)

Colin Penny said:
I think all creatures and plants should carry bar codes so that we can simply "blip" them !!

Wouldn't that save a lot of pain !!!!

All the best from:

BLIP "Colin - 4532778"
But what happens when the batteries die?

Most frustrating time I had was when trying to find an American Teal in with the ordinary Teals last year.I was told that there were several of these birds in our reserve.I duly printed off a pic of the bird and went off to our reserve.There were about 100 Teals in residence,but to try to spot the special one which has the stripe on its wing was impossible.

I feel the same about gull watching at roosts Christine. So many birders just love searching through 10000 BH gulls for a white wingtip. I have neither the interest, patience, eyesight as these people. but admire their skills.

Green Winged /American Teal are a sinch in comparison IMO, with a little patience and luck of course!.

Another of my birding frustations manifested itself yesterday at my local patch.I was with 2 other birders when we all heard an interesting call from a bird in a nearby large bush but could we spot it ? Could we hell !!!! This went on for at least 10 minutes but none of us could locate it and we were only a few metres away.I am now convinced this bird was taking the p***.

Max.

I was at Holme a few weeks ago and through years of experience completely failed to see a yellow browed warbler that my friend stood ten feet away saw quite clearly.
He is no longer my friend...

just an echo from the above.I hate it when a bird that was there a sec before isn't there anymore when I raise my bins.

People.I hate it when they look at me like I'm sort of freak.

When they are too many birds around.It happened often when I was in Oz.Those large bird waves gave neck cramps!Oh and when you pin down one bird another one distracts you.Still lots of fun though.Espescialy when that male Superb-fairy Wren landed on my shoulder and started to sing!!!:eek!:.He mistook me for a log I think...

I would never give up birding

being away from beer in some exotic places

Thank good I am never far from a beer in Vietnam.

The worst for me is to get up in the middle of the night, stumble through a horribly hot and humid jungle, picking up leeches on the way, seing..... nothing! Happens rarely, but when you are in a rain forest when it's "dead", it is just horrible.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back