• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What kind of bird is this? (1 Viewer)

Storm21

This morning we saw a bird in our backyard that I am unable to identify. It looks somethign like a Warbling Vireo, but its belly has no white (from what I was able to see) and is grey, and behind its legs it has a reddish or rust colored patch. Can anyone help me out?

Oh, and a few weeks ago, we saw an Oriole! It was so pretty, just flying through the trees by the side of the road :) Im thinking it was a Baltimore Oriole, but it was more orange-y rather than yellow colored.

If by grey you mean dark grey, and the whole bird is the same grey colour, except for the rusty undertail coverts, and a black cap, then that would definately be a grey catbird.

Scott

cavan wood said:
If by grey you mean dark grey, and the whole bird is the same grey colour, except for the rusty undertail coverts, and a black cap, then that would definately be a grey catbird.

Scott
It has a dark grey (black?) cap and tail, while the rest is kind of a medium grey, besides the spot under its tail.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back