• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What Spring Migrants have you seen so far, 2022 (2 Viewers)

An eastern evening walk last night gave me my first Ruby-crowned Kinglet and Great Egret of the year, along with a sampling of the usual April migrants. Glad to see Hermit Thrush numbers up, as I have seen several on the last few trips, while last year I had none.

Over this Easter long weekend and close to home in the Chilterns : Willow, Reed, Sedge, Garden & Grasshopper Warblers, Common Whitethroat, House Martin, Swallow, Yellow Wagtail, Common Tern and Little Ringed Plover.

Had a good day yesterday, even though the birding felt slow. I finally got Swamp Sparrow and had nice views of Yellow-throated Warbler. Also two beautiful Caspian Terns (lifer), and an immature Herring Gull. I saw an early male Prothonotary Warbler, which was also a lifer. Rounding out the list of new migrants was a Spotted Sandpiper. I am now approaching 100 species for the year (at 96 currently), with some very annoying holes.

A big movement of Bee-eaters over the house tyesterday, too high to see wich species though they sounded like European but not sure Blue-cheeked is distinguishable on voice, by me anyway!

Stopped at a place I had never really birded before and it finally got me my first of the the year cuckoo, turtle dove and pallid swift.

Not a bird but I saw several vagrant emperors over the weekend.

Franz-Josef? Puyi? Naruhito? We need to be told!😇
MJB

Ahahah good one!

Well in French we don't have that issue as they're called "Anax porte selle" (saddle bearing Anax).

Bee eaters, orioles and garden warbler on Friday.

Ring Ouzel (the first I see here), great and Eurasian Reed Warblers today!

Many waders too.

Two new ones today from my local Sunday patch. A couple of singing Lesser Whitethroats (not seen) & the real highlight- a poser of a male Ring Ouzel perched up on a conifer & before flying off past me. Only my second patch record; the first 2 years ago also in April.

Spring migrants seen so far on my local patch in Somerset, England: Northern Wheatear, Garganey, Barn Swallow, Eurasian Reed Warbler, European Pied Flycatcher, Common Redstart, Common Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Common Whitethroat, Lesser Whitethroat, Eurasian Curlew, Eurasian Blackcap, Little Egret, Little Grebe, Little Ringed Plover, Red Kite.

Was really happy to see the migrating brambling (Fringilla montifringilla) in Kaliningrad for a second time in two years. They don't nest here and rarely seen, in fact, the ornithologist from the local university has never met one in person.

The past few days we've had a big surge of migrants locally. I got some of them. On Friday I twitched a county mega Yellow-crowned Night Heron, and I also got a surprise American Bittern, only the 3rd eBird record for the county. Friday also brought Yellow, Palm and Black-throated Green Warblers, Northern Parula, Warbling Vireo, House Wren, Lesser Yellowlegs and Great Egret.

Yesterday I got a few more: Wood Thrush, Nashville and Tennessee Warblers, Baltimore and Orchard Orioles, and best of all a lifer Cerulean Warbler. Cerulean Warbler was a big target for me this year, so I'm glad I got it early.

I left Corsica for a couple of days in the south west of France.
Here Bonelli's and Melodious Warblers are singing.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back