• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What Spring Migrants have you seen so far, 2022 (1 Viewer)

Had my first flicker of the year today, although it was seen near a big flock of redpolls and a small flock of White-winged Crossbills, to remind me that winter is still very much here currently.

Another good movement of Swifts species over the house yesterday, Alpine and Common for sure but many all dark Swifts were just too high to ID.

Not seen by me but 31 Garganey reported past Dungeness today on RBA I don't know how exceptional that is.
Obviously some good movement of Garganey today, with 61 past Castricum in the Netherlands (2nd highest number for spring in the Netherlands ever according to trektellen.nl – a shame the Dungeness numbers on trektellen are so patchy).

Since my last post I've had Song Sparrow, Cackling Goose, Great Blue Heron, Greater White-fronted Goose, Brown-headed Cowbird and Turkey Vulture.

in west yorkshire ive heard chiffchaff singing over a week ago but could be wintering birds? so today ive seen my first summer visitor .....a stunning osprey whilst working near shipley
That was really my point - Chiffchaff is a First of January bird locally (Sandhurst Sewage Farm) but now they are singing everywhere - its plainly a big arrival. When I started birding forty years ago 1 April would have been a good date.

John

Heard a Chiffchaff while walking through Barepot (Cumbria) on 15 March, although it could be wintering. Looking forward to seeing the Sand Martins, House Martins, Swallows, Swifts return soon. Usually in my next of the woods over the last couple of years the House and Sand Martins, you can see them between 23 March to early April.

Purple Martins have been around for over a month now (most are nesting) and Swallow-tailed Kites are coming in large numbers through South Florida

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back