• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What was your best bird today! (1 Viewer)

I finally got a bird which it seems every Asian birder has seen, but I hadn't - Black-naped Oriole! Such a bright bird - how could one miss seeing it? Anyway, very satisfying to see and he was singing his lovely song at the same time, so now I know what to listen for as well.

My best bird today was an alternately plumaged American Golden Plover. I found it in a grassy area near Muskrat Lake, Saint Joseph, Missouri.

Two Red-tailed Black Cockatoos flying over my place as I got home.

They've been around Cairns for a while now (normally we don't get them here at all; they're a dry country bird), and now these magnificent birds are on my 'home' list!B :)

common whitethroat, got a real close encounter with one and several closeup this one of them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ammadoux/5730523055/in/photostream

Nice! Really lovely to get close to them, they're smashing little birds and although they're around a lot and can blend into the background at times you seem to rarely get the opportunity for a really good close view of them.

For me today it was a beautiful Common Tern that was fishing on the river just by the town centre as I walked to work this morning. I really wasn't in a good mood this morning as I knew it was going to be a bad day at work but seeing the Tern flying back and forth and diving into the water cheered me up immensely.

Today's best bird was a female Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. I found it perched on a barbed wire fence which goes around a cattle pasture (and Muskrat Lake) just south of Saint Joseph, Missouri.

Today's best bird was a female Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. I found it perched on a barbed wire fence which goes around a cattle pasture (and Muskrat Lake) just south of Saint Joseph, Missouri.

My best bird yesterday, Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, I discovered today was, in fact, a Western Kingbird. I found this out when I went to the same area today, re-found the bird and made the correct ID.

While there I got a "best bird" for today, Black-necked Stilt.

Saw the pileated woodpecker again today. First I heard it's distinctive laugh and then walking in that direction it flew off across the neighbor's field to the woods beyond where I'm sure it has its home.

the great reed warbler, i did not know i had one in the garden, until it came to drink from the water pool where i was waiting for the white-throat and the garden warbler. took some shots for it and a video.

then i moved to the other side of the garden and got busy with the l=black caps and the weaver, when it came for the second time, it is as if it was attracting my attention to it.

i am so happy with its visit, i did had one back on the first week of April, but that was not as friendly as this one, but i was happy as much i am today, because these massive warblers did not come to the garden since two years.

i had an indigo bunting do fast fly by and land in a tree across the street.my neighbor watched what i think was the same bird at a feeder the other day.

Relaxing on the 'Nade after work and watching waders and herons on the outgoing tide when a loud squeaky chuckle from the bushes directly behind us gave away the presence of a Red-necked Crake!

Not bad for the middle of a city...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back