• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's your fantasy bird? (5 Viewers)

No, in my opinion it can only be one bird, a bird that is a MEGA on a global scale and would make the frenzy over the Tuftie a mere ripple of interest, some will say my choise is a fantasy too far, but I say let's fantasise big time ....... Ladies and gentlemen I give you ....... SPOON-BILLED SANDPIPER!!

I'm with you on that one - an absolute dream bird

I believe that slender billed curlew is a 'fantasy' bird.....?!

ps...realistically tho....i'd settle for a white wing lark....[now that 'black' has fallen]...!

In the wake of the Tufted Puffin I wondered what would be people's dream bird to find on their local patch?

It has to be drake Spectacled Eider. Drake Harelquin would be nice as well and following the events of the past few days, Tufted Puffin has now joined this elite group of birds that I would be happy to travel anywhere in the UK to see, with minimal notice.

The OP said "to find on your local patch" and I stick by what I want but in the interest of something a bit spicier how about a male American Redstart. ;)

Oh for Nightingales to be singing their little hearts out in the spring, here in the valleys of the wee drumlin hills of Co. Monaghan. Alas fat chance of that ever happening. But I can fanticise can't I.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back