• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where and when for owls? (1 Viewer)

Mother_of_birds

United Kingdom
Newbie birder here wanting to see some owls. I was lucky enough to see three baby Tawny Owls down Marriotts Way earlier in the year but so far they have been my only owls. I live in Mile Cross, Norwich (near Mile Cross Gardens) and I don't own a car so needs to be in walking distance - Marriotts Way, Mousehold Heath and Catton Park are where I normally go on foot. Which of these (or any other suggestions welcome) are best for owls? And when is the best time to go? Would it be better to go in the middle of the night with a torch or just when its getting light enough to see without one?

I don't know about good places for owls in that area, but you don't have to go at night. Owls are most active at evening, before it gets completely dark. This way you also don't need a torch.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back