• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where are the Cardinals (1 Viewer)

wingnut425

I've had cardinals at my "wild bird" feeder for years, but only a pair, or two at most. About a year ago, I purchased a "sunflower" feeder, and almost instantly, I had more then I had seen in years of birding here at my house. For several months (4-5) I had as before mentioned, more then before purchasing sunflower feeder maybe 3-5 pairs. After several months of enjoying them, they disappeared, and I haven't seen one since. I feed lots of different kinds of birds (finches, nuthatch, chickadees, woodpeckers, etc.), my finch feeder is pretty close to the sunflower feeder (2 1/2 ft), and I get alot of them, there's alway's 20-30 of them either on feeder, or on ground eating. Could this be the reason that I'm not getting the cardinals any longer, too much activity that close to the sunflower feeder. I've been told (by Birds Unlimited store) to relocate my sunflower feeder, and try that. I hate to do this because I don't want the husks falling in a "new" area of my lawn. Can someone tell me what they think the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back