• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where can buy a replacement 8x42 HT Binocular Case? (2 Viewers)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

My case for my 8x42 HT Binoculars is falling apart? I’ve tried looking online for a new 8x42 HT Binocular Case online, but despite looking online to buy a new case for my binoculars, I haven’t found a case for my Binoculars. Does anyone know where I can buy a new case for my binoculars in the UK from Zeiss. Thanks!

Personally, if I wanted a genuine replacement, I’d be tempted to e-mail Zeiss dealers in the U.K. and the Zeiss “factory” in Germany.
Other than that, it’s going to be an eBay gamble or something generic which doesn’t really fit from Amazon or your local camera shop

My case for my 8x42 HT Binoculars is falling apart? I’ve tried looking online for a new 8x42 HT Binocular Case online, but despite looking online to buy a new case for my binoculars, I haven’t found a case for my Binoculars. Does anyone know where I can buy a new case for my binoculars in the UK from Zeiss. Thanks!
Choose a Zeiss dealer and email them asking for a quote on supplying a genuine Zeiss replacement case.

Lee

Ian,

If your original case from Zeiss is falling apart, why are you looking for another one to fall apart? Doesn't something more substantial seem to be in order? :giggle:

Ed

Last edited:
Ian,

If your original case from Zeiss is falling apart, why are you looking for another one to fall apart? Doesn't something more substantial seem to be in order? :giggle:

Ed
When it comes to selling the binos or trading them in at a dealer as part payment against a different bino, having the right Zeiss case to accompany the Zeiss binos will support a better price.

Hard to imagine what kind of use would result in a bino case falling apart...............

Lee

When it comes to selling the binos or trading them in at a dealer as part payment against a different bino, having the right Zeiss case to accompany the Zeiss binos will support a better price.

Hard to imagine what kind of use would result in a bino case falling apart...............

Lee
Lee, I have seen the faux leather trim on tbe strap and case lid / flap become brittle and perish in the same way that old plastic bags do.

Tom

Q, thank you for letting me know this sad news; as you can tell, I had no idea though I know he had occasionally commented on his health when I was looking at the forum more than a year or two ago. I met up with him and Aileen a few times when first getting interested in birding and nature observation and he gave me some useful tips (as well as selling me a very good FL 8x32). I must write to Aileen. All the best,

Tom.

Last edited:
Of course. There is a thread here in which people shared their thoughts and feelings as well:

Of course. There is a thread here in which people shared their thoughts and feelings as well:
Thank you, Quincy; I have just posted on that thread. I realized today that Lee is the only person from Bird Forum that I am aware of having met in person. He gave me some useful tips and observations about nature — many creatures, not just birds — and how to go about successful viewing. I enjoyed two days at different times of enjoyable conversation and company with Lee and Aileen, on one occasion meeting them at a nature reserve at Castor Hanglands. Very helpful and considerate people. I still have the 8x32 Victory FL he sold me, a very fine memento. And considering the thread we are on, I must mention that he used an 8x42 HT for about five or six years after buying it, I believe, for a project on otters that needed binoculars that could transmit every last scrap of available light. Strange that I should just have got hold of an HT for the second time (the first was to use his) a day before you informed me of Lee's death.

Tom

PS. Apologies for repeating some of what I told you in a previous post.

Hey Tom,
I'm so sorry to tell you this but Troubador Lee passed away a few weeks ago. It is a sad time for the forum.
-q
OMG, what terrible news! I had no idea and am very sorry to read this. Only had a few exchanges with him in years past but he was such a tremendous part of this forum. I imagine he was a great guy in real life. Damn.

If you are not concerned about "authentic" but more concerned about "protection",
may I suggest looking at the selection of Pelican Cases. These are not "pretty", but are almost indestructible.
And the price is much cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back