• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White-breasted Woodwren photo (1 Viewer)

shadowman

Alaska/Belize Birder
Not a great photo (it is a frame from digital video) but it doesn't look like there is a photo of this species in the database. So I offer this up if it is wanted. This is in Mayflower Bocawina National Park in Belize.

Attachments

• White-breasted woodwren.JPG
    White-breasted woodwren.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 196
James Lowther said:
Where in Belize is Mayflower Bocawina NP??

Nice pic,

James

Thank you James and Marmot. Mayflower Bocawina is located west of the Southern Highway, at about mile 6, in the Stann Creek District. There is a four mile access road from the highway to the park. It is in the foothills of the Maya Mountains. If you are interested, I have set up a rather primitive website at

Mayflower Bocawina National Park

There are links on the website to more info about the park as well. It is one of my favorite areas for birding and other wildlife observation in Belize.

Thanks again.

Sounds like it's pretty close to Cockscomb Basin, which is where I saw my first (and so far only) White-breasted Woodwren!!

Good to see a fellow Belize enthusiast on the forum. I have to say you Americans really are lucky having central america "on your doorstep", I'd be down there all the time if I lived in the states.

best wishes,

James

MAyflower Bocawina/White-breasted Woodwren

James Lowther said:
Sounds like it's pretty close to Cockscomb Basin, which is where I saw my first (and so far only) White-breasted Woodwren!!

Good to see a fellow Belize enthusiast on the forum. I have to say you Americans really are lucky having central america "on your doorstep", I'd be down there all the time if I lived in the states.

best wishes,

James

Hello again James,

Yes, Mayflower Bocawina is just a little north of Cockscomb and with very similar habitat. With respect to distance, I may be as far from Belize here in Alaska as you are? I am, however, planning a visit trip for January/February 2007 to Belize with a sidetrip to Guatemala (Tikal and Yaxha areas) if you or anyone else might be headed that way then.

Take care.

Ah sorry Shadowman,
didn't spot you were from Alaska!!
I don't think i'll make it back to Belize this winter.....although I would absolutely love to!!
Make sure you post a trip report somewhere on the forum though!
best wishes
James

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back