• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White-tailed Eagle reintroduction - Caithness and Sutherland (1 Viewer)

Dave H

I was informed recently that reintroduction to the North coast of Scotland was planned. Has anyone heard similar news?

15 white tailed eagles have just been released in Fife, and I heard there are plans to release others around Aberdeen. We're going to be overrun with them. Fantastic!

This is the best release news i have seen since the plan to release Red kites near Aberdeen. Lets hope it happens and they cross to Orkney. we have plenty of evidence for them in the historical record. I was lucky enough to see one a few years back and would love to see them get established here again. Although im shure its not a view shared quite a few up here!!

This is the best release news i have seen since the plan to release Red kites near Aberdeen. Lets hope it happens and they cross to Orkney. we have plenty of evidence for them in the historical record. I was lucky enough to see one a few years back and would love to see them get established here again. Although im shure its not a view shared quite a few up here!!

I've been going to Orkney regularly for years and now own a house up there Dafi. I would be very excited to see sea eagles over Hoy. Indeed, I think the historical evidence is of nest sites on the hill above the Dwarfie Stone and on the old man himself! It's a top birding destination already. A population of breeding eagles would put the icing on the cake.

White-tailed Eagle reintroduction - Caithness and Sutherland

I was informed recently that reintroduction to the North coast of Scotland was planned. Has anyone heard similar news?

First I've heard of it and I would have!

nirofo.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back