• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why no love for Sightron SIII 10x42 ED? (1 Viewer)

simpleman19

Hello all,

This is about the more recently released version of the Sightron SIII 10x42 ED.

After searching the forums, I have found no real information on these binoculars. They appear to offer a good field of view, made in Japan, ED glass, magnesium body, seem like quality at a fair price.

Anyone tried them and compared them to anything else out there?

Just looking for some information on them from you all.

https://www.tesro.ca/optics-sights/binoculars/sightron-binoculars-siii-10-x-42-ed.html

Last edited:
Simpleman19,

Sightron has made the SIII model for a while now, it is likely a new rendition. They made the Blue sky 8X32 which is a great glass for the money, however they also made them in 8X42 and 10X42 which were a flop.

Take a look at Tract Optics. I have a 10X42 and for the money ~$700 would be a better choice. They are built better and have great service, check out the website, they give all the specs ETC.
https://tractoptics.com/binoculars.

Regards,

Andy W.

Simpleman19,

Sightron has made the SIII model for a while now, it is likely a new rendition. They made the Blue sky 8X32 which is a great glass for the money, however they also made them in 8X42 and 10X42 which were a flop.

Take a look at Tract Optics. I have a 10X42 and for the money ~$700 would be a better choice. They are built better and have great service, check out the website, they give all the specs ETC.
https://tractoptics.com/binoculars.

Regards,

Andy W.

Hey Andy,

Thanks, I was just curious if they were and untouched gem or not. The tracts are the 10x42 that’s on my mind... just looking for another Japanese’s glass option that might be a bit less exspensive but offer similar quality. From the reports on here and other forms the tracts are heavy hitters optically though and might be hard to come close to with something less exspensive.

Andrew

Andrew,

There could be some like the Monarch 7 10X42 or Meopta Meopro, as a couple of options less than the Tract. There is also the new model Optika in 8X42 and 10X42 by Meopta for even less $$.

Good luck with your search,

Andy W.

Simpleton:
Sightron is a minor brand, clone type seller. So there is no reason to either love or have much of
a care for the 10x42 model.
I suppose if you are looking for reviews, do it yourself.
Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back