• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wild in Aberdeen - City and Shire (9 Viewers)

Has anybody heard anything about the latest NE Scotland Bird Report being available soon ? If memory serves me correctly,I think they usually arrive In December.

Westhill parakeet.

The Westhill parakeet still on the go, here in Fraser Drive about an hout ago. Can anyone id it from this ? type that is not name !!

Attachments

• DSC_0018_2.jpg
    DSC_0018_2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 88
2 male and 1 female Blackcap between 13:00 and 13:30 in berry bushes in the back gardens at Union Grove, Aberdeen. They are with Redwings and Blackbirds. The female has spent time at a feeding station at the back of a house in Annfield Terrace, but the males zoomed off somewhere in a chase. I've only ever seen singles here before, and not very recently either, so this is exceptional and welcome.

Last edited:
Was up at Bullers of Buchan on Sat, saw lots of kittiwakes, shags, and razorbills, but alas no puffins yet. If anyone has a puffin spot please do report!

Loch Muick yesterday had a couple of curlews, a couple of lapwings, and a couple of (I think) yellow wagtails. Lovely day out but not a lot of birds!

Yellow wagtails are pretty rare in NE Scotland, and unheard of in March. Your birds are much more likely to have been grey wagtails.

Yellow wagtails are pretty rare in NE Scotland, and unheard of in March. Your birds are much more likely to have been grey wagtails.

I couldn't get close to them but the yellow was striking. Gorgeous wee things! Thanks for the correction, I'm pretty new to this so my identification skills are far from perfect :)

Loch Muick yesterday had a couple of curlews, a couple of lapwings, and a couple of (I think) yellow wagtails. Lovely day out but not a lot of birds!

If you head up In a couple of months time,you shall see a lot more birds.......and It will be a bit warmer..!

Was up at Bullers of Buchan on Sat, saw lots of kittiwakes, shags, and razorbills, but alas no puffins yet. If anyone has a puffin spot please do report!

Was up there today. There were seven or eight Puffins on the water but didn't see any on the clifftops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back