• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wild Isles - BBC (1 Viewer)

JTweedie

British and Irish wildlife gets the "Blue Planet" treatment in a new five-part series presented by David Attenborough.

It's being made by Silverback Films, WWF, RSPB and the Open University. No release date yet.

Last edited:
Goodness... one of those snippets was a surprise to me.... a Gannet stealing fish from a Puffin underwater. Just never occurred to me they'd do that!!

Goodness... one of those snippets was a surprise to me.... a Gannet stealing fish from a Puffin underwater. Just never occurred to me they'd do that!!
I thought I'd missed that bit so watched it again. Did see a Gannet emerge from the water with a big fish and then a Black-headed Gull trying to steal a fish from a Puffin!

Aaaaah!!! Sorry... you're right!! Concentration is really difficult with the drug regime I'm on! Watching it again, it wasn't even underwater, was it. 🤕

Apologies.

Though now I'm wondering if Gannets really do do that LOL

I read somewhere that Attenborough had to be tempted back to present this show, so I wonder if it'll be his last ever programme, at least in front of the camera.

Edit: just checked and he has the narrator job on Planet Earth III and Our Planet II (both due this year) and Blue Planet III (no release date known yet).

Last edited:
There'll probably be a poster made in conjunction with the Open University too like they do with most of these series.

I’m loving how it’s been getting a lot of praise recently. Even mentioned on the news and last night on The One Show.

They had a preview screening for people in conservation NGOs and related industries. It was all over social media with some saying they loved the energy in the room. But I couldn't help but think they were all singing from the same hymn sheet. Those aren't the people they need to convince about climate change, habitat destruction etc.

Just read that, it's a disgrace. No doubt if it was about wildlife on the other side of the world they'd air it, but oh no you can't upset our farmers and landowners.

It seems the BBC series is five programmes but there is a sixth funded by/produced for the RSPB and WWF that was never planned as part of the main series but the BBC will have it on iPlayer.
So today's outrage, based on a Telegraph article it seems, is a little off the mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back