• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winterwatch 2016 (2 Viewers)

So was that Martin's last programme? I thought the new line up was starting with Springwatch this year. There was no mention of it at the end of the programme.

Ron

Which areas could absorb the series? Apparently they wanted to film a Springwatch series at Leighton Moss but there were lots of problems. If that was the case then the only areas which they could film at in the North West of England would be Martin Mere and Brockholes possibly. I am guessing the reserves would need a large car park, a visitor centre, an indoor location where they could broadcast live from, space for cables.

Which reserves could offer what they need?

At the end of tonight's Winterwatch, it was announced that Springwatch would be in a new and exciting location. I wonder where it could be. Has anyone on these forums heard any rumours where the location could be.
Ian.

A good series - just a shame it is on just for 4 continuous days. I am glad they chose a location which would be nearer the warmer end of the spectrum in a British Winter generally. However, I believe the south was actually colder than the North during that period. I would love to visit Arne in winter. Some great segments. I loved Brett Eastwood's Wrapped Up.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back