• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (10 Viewers)

Tyson......maybe PM Dave and he'll give directions, a bit too demanding of local know how for me to direct you.....we probably walked only about 1.5 mls to get there..
Cheers Joe

Close Encounters Of The Merlin Kind

Had a quite afternoon birding on the great white cape this afternoon, nothing much about, untill i had this drop on the deck 10 foot in front of me, Flamborough tick for me too :t:

28thJuly012.jpg

Had a cracking day at Flamborough, Bempton and Spurn today, shattered now! Highlights were 50+ Knot in breeding plumage, Bar tailed godwit & loads of sanderlings (all spurn), the wall of noise provided by kittiwakes at flamborough and the wonderful smell of gannet shite to wake you up from an early morning at bempton!

Tomorrow its off to Blacktoft Sands & North Cave with rspb wakefield group. While the wifes away...!

Had a cracking day at Flamborough, Bempton and Spurn today, shattered now! Highlights were 50+ Knot in breeding plumage, Bar tailed godwit & loads of sanderlings (all spurn), the wall of noise provided by kittiwakes at flamborough and the wonderful smell of gannet shite to wake you up from an early morning at bempton!

Tomorrow its off to Blacktoft Sands & North Cave with rspb wakefield group. While the wifes away...!

Be sure to sample the bacon butty at North Cave... it is second to the Potteric Carr's but it's a very narrow margin....

You don't mention the Curlew Sandpipers at Beacon Ponds?

Another top day of birding with great company today, north cave & blacktoft sands with Wakefield rspb group. Highlights were corn bunting at north cave and at blacktoft - spotted redshank about 12, 3 greenshank, around 12 snipe in the open, 4 ruff, bearded tit, dunlin, water rail, bittern & 8 juv yellow wagtails. Fantastic day!

If you are passing a travel agents be sure to go in and collect the Malta brochures and deposit them in the nearest recycle bin.

Nice idea but it wouldn't work as most travel agents won't let you take multiple copies of the same brochure. Much better solution would be to prepare flyers to pop into the brochures outlining Malta's behaviour.

Nice idea but it wouldn't work as most travel agents won't let you take multiple copies of the same brochure. Much better solution would be to prepare flyers to pop into the brochures outlining Malta's behaviour.

I'm always on at people about Malta and Cyprus too but the general populance don't really care.

It was worth listening to but a pity we are not exactly squeaky clean when it comes to certain birds.Maybe we should but more pressure on certain folk here at home.

Hi all. I am Mike and have been a regular reader of the Yorkshire forum for a couple of years, thought it was time to join in. I am retired and I have lived all my life in Hull.
We caravan most weekends not far Pocklington on a small site with its own small lake so I get in some regularly bird watching from our warm comfortable hide. Have seen some interesting birds from the site including a nightjar back in 2010.
Look forward to making my first post

Mike

Hi Mike - look forward to hearing about your sightings. Do you visit the Millington area when you go to Pocklington? - some good birds and a fantastic cafe! Nightjar was a fantastic record - well done- did you submit it?
Stuart

Hi all. I am Mike and have been a regular reader of the Yorkshire forum for a couple of years, thought it was time to join in. I am retired and I have lived all my life in Hull.
We caravan most weekends not far Pocklington on a small site with its own small lake so I get in some regularly bird watching from our warm comfortable hide. Have seen some interesting birds from the site including a nightjar back in 2010.
Look forward to making my first post

Mike

What caravan site is this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back