• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (2 Viewers)

Im new here and just saying hello!
Hello! I hope you will enjoy posting here :)

And "hi!" to everyone because it has passed so much time since last time I wrote something in this thread.

Recently I encountered a Cuckoo which behaviour shocked me. Unlikely to every single bird of that species I'd seen it was quite tame. I could approach quite close to it and when I scared it away (unintentionally, of course, even before I started approaching to it) the Cuckoo came back to its fence just a few minutes later.

Even as common species as a Cuckoo can sometimes gives so much joy |8)|

Attachments

• cuckoo.JPG
    cuckoo.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 54
  • cuckoo2.JPG
    cuckoo2.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 53
  • cuckoo3.JPG
    cuckoo3.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 50
Welcome to the thread Young Bird Lover and welcome back Storm Petrel. Nice pictures of the Cuckoo Wiktoria :t: As regards it behaviour it might have been a favourite perch due to good food nearby, or a decent place to sing from... or it might just have liiked sitting in the sun!

im getting ready to go back to england for 5 weeks. i think some of you remember last year i was planning on going to norfolk and titchwell to go birding but our schedule couldnt fit it. so hopefully i can go this year. last time if i remember correctly i got 40+ lifers but i doubt ill do that well this year unless i can go to norfolk

Hi,
Checked out your blog, looks great! Can anyone make one of those or do you need some special internet thingy?:eek!:

cheers alot mateo:D, as Robert said its really easy to make a blog just type in blogger on google (blogspot.) and click create blog, then just follow the instructions and start posting:t:

Exams are finally over! Woohoo!!! Let the birding begin...B :)

I've still got one to go, and then that's it. Finito. The summer should then pass in a delightful bird/cider fuelled haze, instead of the recent exam-related stress and hardship. The scary thing is that I have now officially got into Cambridge or not. EEEEEKK!!!! Better bloody have!

I'm also pencilled in for a few days in Blakeney soon so I should soon be able to show you Norfolk lot how it's done!!! 8-P

Got my last 4 exams monday:'D.

Got they Os map out last night I've decided to settle down and bird a local patch properly. Other than that I've been doing some mothing in wolferton village and at home.

Hi everyone went to brockholes quarry to se the red backed shrike but no luck :-C:-C:-C but saw 1 skylark, 2 heron, 9 cormarant, 3 oystercatchers, l b b gulls, 30+ lapwing, alot of swift, swallows and 20+ house martins.

Or how it's not done ;)

Lancashire vs. Norfolk: Smackdown!!!

In the blue corner, gruff northerners with cider-spattered Aldi bins bought through "t'wages of twenty-three bloody tough days down t'pit, wi' wages docked for upkeep o'terrace. It would 'a been an Opticron if that bloody son o' mine had picked up more fluff from under the looms and not spent so much bloody time swannin' off at that bloody school. Damn that bloody 1870 Forster's Education Act!".

In the red corner, refined southerners brandishing Kowas and Swaros earned via hedge funding, in their hides with all mod cons, cushioned seats and the like.

Bring it on!!! o:D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back