• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your most anticipated futures books (19 Viewers)

According to Hadoram Shirihai the gadfly volume is in the final stages and he hoped to deliver it to Bloomsbury by the end of the year. It is however anyone's guess when it will actually be published.

Vincent Bretagnolle and Hadoram Shirihai have been busy with fieldwork and studies of museum material for many years now so it is not surprising that the publication date have kept slipping. Personally aim more than happy to wait for these books, they will be amazing for sure.

Last edited:
I've just had a tweet informing me that "After 12 months the translations for Handboek Europese Vogels (ID Handbook of European Birds) by Nils van Duivendijk ... are done, fine-tuning and editing to come. Due autumn 2024" - just in time for my birthday I hope - fingers crossed!

Handboek Europese Vogels (ID Handbook of European Birds) by Nils van Duivendijk
A thread of its own...

I've just written a request to Professor James L. Patton to asked him whether there are new information (or a release date) on the book Mammals of South America (vol 3). I hope I will get a reply.

The Evolution of Gerald Durrell Biography of an Author and Wildlife Conservationist​

A biography about Britain's most important conservationist

its a few years old now but still a good read and worth anyone’s £25.

Last edited:
I've just written a request to Professor James L. Patton to asked him whether there are new information (or a release date) on the book Mammals of South America (vol 3). I hope I will get a reply.
Unfortunately I've got no reply by James Patton, but the publisher has not so good news

Melanie,
I’m sorry, but this volume is not currently scheduled for publication any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back