• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (5 Viewers)

Several over last couple of days but last and undoubted highlight 35+ Gouldian Finches along the Marrakia Track yesterday

Attachments

• gouldian crop shot.jpg
    gouldian crop shot.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
My (Belgian) lifers of this year:

In January Ring-billed Gull Larus delawarensis and Kumlien's Gull Larus glaucoides kumlieni.

The 27th Little Bustard Tetrax tetrax in March of this year in Belgium. New to my Belgian list and new to my life list. I also added Iceland Gull Larus glaucoides to my list.

Alpine Accentor Prunella collaris was the my next lifer in Belgium, in May.

Broad-billed Sandpiper Limicolla falcinellus was my next lifer of this year in Belgium, only 4 miles from my home.

Buff-breasted Sandpiper Tryngites subruficollis, also in May. This was the 9th record for Belgium.

I also twitched a Cretzschmar's Bunting Emberiza caesia, that would be the first one for Belgium, if it is accepted by BAHC.

Last edited:
We just had the most fantastic trip to the North of Thailand for a week and managed to get 24 life birds, taking my total up to 319 for the country (photographed).

Highlights for us were the Mountain Scops Owl and a Rufous-necked Hornbill.

Zebra Dove in Jakarta, after over 100 lifers on Sulawesi, with Maleo, Scaly-breasted Kingfisher and Lompobattang Flycatcher the highlights for me.

Brünnich’s Guillemot at Den Helder, the Netherlands. Very kind to show up again after a two-week hiatus, so people who were on holiday could catch up!

swainson's hawk

Siskiyou County, California, August 9, 2012. Cutie-pie. Second shot shows Mt. Shasta in the background.

Attachments

• IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1852.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1851s.jpg
    IMG_1851s.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 51
Long-billed dowitcher at Slimbridge last Thursday. There's one that's joined the godwit flock and settled down to moult, and it's had the decency to adopt a pond in front of one of the larger hides, so plenty of room for everyone.

The last 2 weeks has been a full of 'Life' birds. The one that stuck out the most would have to be the Black honeyeater - Korrolocking, Western Australia

It was a joy to see it for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back