• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Dialyt 10x40 B T * price (1 Viewer)

petec62

United Kingdom
Hi I've been offered a pair of Zeiss Dialyt 10x40 B T *for £450, rubber armoured in mint condition is this a good price . Anymore else own a pair of these what is your opinion of them, thanks

Greetings. I still use the 10x40 BGAT/P Dialyt binocular I bought new in 1992, and mine are also in excellent condition. I have not used or handled current alpha binoculars, so I can’t tell you how they compare or their relative value. I can only say I believe the market value of my Dialyts has held up surprisingly well over 30+ years. I need to get the focus wheel greased, but I have not felt a burning need for investing in an upgrade.

You might want to ask for the serial no. of the item offered, and also whether the bino offered has the P coating applied. If not, I’m not saying you shouldn’t buy it, but maybe you could bargain for a lower price in that case. The serial no. could help you determine if it has the P coatings.

Best wishes on the offer, and happy birding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back