• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss SFL eyecup (1 Viewer)

kbzsl

Please share your experience about the Zeiss SFL (8x40) eyecup in general and especially about the length of.
I am asking because for me the eyecup of the Zeiss Conquest HD (8x32) is too short.

Thank you.

PS: I know that there is a possibility to ask the Customert Support for a longer eyecup, but I prefer to have a possibility to try in advance. Therefore my ordered Conquest sits at a seller for 2+ months and waiting for seller to get a longer eyecup.

For me the middle position is right. When I turn it completely out it’s to far. But also the NL pure I used on the 4th position. Can’t go out to max. The only I can go to max is the Victory SF 8x42.
The SFL eyecup is also very wide. But at the end of the day you have to try it out.

But at the end of the day you have to try it out.
I totally agree that you have to try it.

But it’s not easy here; I spent many month till I found a seller who was willing to bring me a Conquest binocular to be able to try before buy it, and now I am waiting for the longer eyecup arrival to the seller.

Just I was hoping if the SFL has a longer eyecup than the Conquest, it makes worth the effort to find a local seller.

Hey hopefully not too late, but I attached images of the eyecups from both models with CM measurements! If you were on the fence about the SFL's birdwatching.com has an amazing review!

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    891.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    871.8 KB · Views: 33
Could you check if the SFL eyecups will fit into Conquest HD please?
I'd like to replace my CHD eyecups with something more user friendly. SFL has got much better eyecups.

Hi,

SFL eyecups will not fit the Conquest.

Zeiss only make one size of eyecup for the SFL - a longer one is not available.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back