• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Binoculars Giveaways. Ultimate Prize: two pairs of PRIME HD binoculars (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh! You're lucky Sal, I can't get down on my knees (er... well I can if I fall down, but I can't get up again:-C

I still think our best chance was to pool our resources, but I see you're a lost cause on that front.

And I just know those PRIMES will much prefer the Scottish scenery and the wonderful wildlife I know is there but am just unable to see!

D

Pooling our resources . . .hmmmmnnnn . . . you mean I would get one optic and you would get the other? Which is your better eye? :-O

Certainly something pretty desperate needs to be done. I was reading through the early threads and saw that one of the winners was threatening to donate his to a worthy cause. Could either of us be so- considered do you think? ;)

elephant

thick wet air heavy on every part of his body
oozing over wrinkled grey skin hung in sandpaper folds
he rests one weighty tusk amongst the zinging of insects
cushioning it in the dank decay where branches divide and detritus is trapped
and lies his bony head against limp grey leaves
and muses on cool winter days
concertina skin rippling down his trunk into the long brown grasses
twitches as the tender tip explores scents from other long-gone pachyderms
capilliaried ears raggy-edged swish gently and in the right a hole just big enough for a jumbo sleeper
indlovu the unstoppable one
indlovu who crashes and pushes his way through the acacias and the marulas and the golden-leafed mopane
who ghosts his way on softly padded spoor through the branch-laced nights
leaving zigzag messages written in the dusty kruger roads
indlovu has been stopped on this hot and humid winter may morning by an invisible crush
a sapping barrier of thrumming heat wave that sags against honeycomb surface
and presses his weight into the hard resistant ground
then
one foot lifts as the rumbling of distant family travels the drum-hard earth
and laps him in a different warmth

raining again today - I'm in the UK and was going to go down to Arne, but now have difficulty in persuading my wife!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back