• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray neptune 25x100 (1 Viewer)

ScottMC

United States
Hello, recently acquired a mint condition zen-ray neptune 25x100 binocular from Craigslist. Haven't been able to find any information on the web relating to this binocular. I have several other sets of binoculars to compare them against-- the nicest set being a nikon lx hg. The nikon has exceptional optics edge to edge, fantastic resolution and clarity. I was astounded when I compared the zen to the nikon. Overall the zen has just a very slight degree less color, contrast, and clarity. The image is very sharp edge to edge, and free of any noticeable distortion. I really wasn't expecting that type of image quality from this binocular. Anyway, just curious if anyone out there has any knowledge of this particular binocular. All I know is what is what is labeled on the back--fully multi coated, bak4 , waterproof. My guess is they're manufactured in the same facility as some of the other large binoculars (orion giant view, celestron skymaster, etc), as they appear nearly identical in design. Any feedback is appreciated!

Hi Scott,

All I could find with a quick Google was a post on Cloudy Nights in December 2007, announcing the introduction of the Neptune line:
Telescope Binoculars are on Sale at Zen-Ray Optics - Vendor and Group Announcements - Cloudy Nights

As you indicate, it'll be a rebadged model produced by an OEM company in Asia. So some photos may help to narrow down what it is.

25x100 IF Porros are primarily astronomical optics, so it would be useful to also post your query on Cloudy Nights.

John

Hi Scott,

All I could find with a quick Google was a post on Cloudy Nights in December 2007, announcing the introduction of the Neptune line:
Telescope Binoculars are on Sale at Zen-Ray Optics - Vendor and Group Announcements - Cloudy Nights

As you indicate, it'll be a rebadged model produced by an OEM company in Asia. So some photos may help to narrow down what it is.

25x100 IF Porros are primarily astronomical optics, so it would be useful to also post your query on Cloudy Nights.

John
20220606_142725.jpg20220508_133543.jpgJohn, thanks for the reply. I might try Cloudy Nights as you suggested. I love the binoculars, they're great for terrestrial and astronomical viewing. Figured for $200 it is money well spent.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back